Finding Your Inner Geek
Going social in today’s online world can be overwhelming, especially for business-owners looking to reap the benefits of these new technologies. In 2008 alone, there were more than 130 million blogs documented on the web, at least 350 different social networks used, and over 82 million Americans who created user-generated content online. In an industry that is saturated with connections, networks, and content, individuals and businesses are all wondering, “Where do I get started?”
Alexa Scordato and I invite you to participate in a two-hour beginner workshop that will give you a clearer sense of how to use social media for both personal and professional uses.
During the first hour of the workshop, we will:
- discuss the basics of social media and its implications on the world today
- outline real case studies from individuals and companies using social media effectively**
- describe how Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn may be used to build a personal brand
In celebration of historic Hotel 140, the second half of this workshop will focus solely on Twitter:
- What is Twitter and why’s everyone talking about it?
- Getting started - where to begin and how to avoid common mistakes
- Who’s doing it right and what’s the ROI
**John Pepper, CEO and founder of Boloco (our wonderful food sponsor), will give a short presentation on his use of Twitter and what it means for brands to market themselves online.
This event will be hands-on so don’t forget your computer. If you don’t have a Twitter account already, by the end of the session you will! Plus, you will have a bunch of new friends to begin tweeting with.
Date: Thursday, 7/23
Time: 6 - 8 PM (Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be served. Assorted wraps courtesy of Boloco)
Location: Hotel 140, 140 Clarendon St, Boston (across the street from the Back Bay T station and walking distance from Copley Sq)